.

Friday, February 1, 2019

An Interpretation of Emily Dickinsons Poem #315 :: Emily Dickinson Poem 315 Essays

An Interpretation of Emily Dickinsons Poem 315Emily Dickinson had an interesting life, and is a doubtful woman in the history of America and literature. Emily wrote many poems. Some be titled, and many are given chronological numbers instead of headlining the important theme. I am interpreting Poem 315. I accept the poem, and had to read it again and again. As with most poems, the meaning is always clouded from me and I need a unforesightful help to figure show up the accepted meaning of the authors intentions. In this case, the outcome was non any different. The poem did not make much sense to me. Instead, I created my own meaning and it differed greatly from the others. However, I still like my interpretation and enjoy the final ingathering that was created when I combined my ideas with the groups. I would like to start, by printing the poem. 315 He fumbles at your Soul As Players at the Keys Before they drop proficient Music on-- He stuns you by degrees- Prepares your brittle Nature For the Etherial Blow By fainter Hammers-further heard- Then nearer-Then so slow Your Breath has time to straighten- Your Brain-t bubble cool-Deals-One-imperial-Thunderbolt That scalps your tender Soul- When winds take Forests in their Paws- The Universe-is still- The other members of my group axiom this poem as a metaphor for some type of physical abuse. I saw it as a poem just describing a thunderstorm. Now, after incorporating in ideas from all in the group I tell apart the poem as a way of using a storms powerful force to describe physical abuse. Confused? Well, Ill walk you through this idea so at the end you wont be. The first four lines of the poem describe a He. It states, He fumbles at your soul / As players on the Keys / Before they drop ripe music on-- / he stuns you by degrees- Before any great cushy player plays a piece, he warms up. He practices. In a akin(predicate) sense, so does a thunderstorm. A storm does not start out heavy an d powerful it starts out with a wind. And, the air gets a little cooler the degrees go down on the thermometer. Powerful thunder vibrates the soul, and the earthly concern is the piano for the persona of the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment