.

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Adolescent Interview Essay

When picking my one-year-oldage I had quite a few choices to pick from save I decided on my adolescent 15 year old baby since I know a jam ab kayoed her and pay seen first-hand how she is heading with this adolescent stage. Patricia is a normal 15 year old missy still in lavishly school day. She lives in a household of 7 with 3 older siblings and one younger one. She mentioned that she lived in a elfin home with three dogs, two fish, a bird and six other humans. Both her parents are field workers so they arent really at home much. Patricia has a younger 7 year old infant that she pays attention to a lot, they swallow got a really close relationship, and she cares for her younger sister when her experience is at work. Patricia is in a special platform in her high school called the International Bachelorette Program IB, this program challenges high school students and gives them and idea of what college is like after they graduate. She gets a lot of homework every da y for all her classes, she manages to do all of it and still helps cope care of her younger sibling.I think my jejuneager didnt quite fit in the conceptions batch brace of a typical adolescent. She seems to be really close to her family. When I asked her what her family life was like I was surprise with the answer she gave me. She verbalize she loved her family and that they were the best. Most teens at her age lean to distance themselves when they hit puberty. Puberty brings an increase in parent-child conflict- psycho system of logical distancing that may, in part be a modern substitute for physical spill from the family. (Berk, 2012, p.541.) According to what my teen said closely her family life, she has a very solid relationship with her family her parents seem to play an grand role in how wakeless she is working on her education and her in result(p) grades since she mentioned that school was really important to her because her mother valued her to have a better li fe for herself. I believe that my teen queryee has reached the stage of formal operable thinking. When I asked her what if people had no thumbs she gave me a bunch of explanations as to what would happen if such a thing were true.She said people wouldnt be able to text, put one across their thumbs, cover the sun, be able to thumb print criminals for criminal cases, be able to write, click on the computer mouse,do their hair, and that everyone would be ugly. She lovely much hypothesized what would happen if people had no thumbs. According to Piaget she has become opened of hypothetico-deductive reasoning- this being when faced with a problem, they start with a hypothesis, or prognostication about variables that might affect an outcome, from which they deduce logical, testable inferences. (Berk,2012, p.566.) Her answers to the problem of having no thumbs were mind out. I wish she would have explained them a little more only if I know if I asked her to explain more thoroughly s he would have the logic for doing so.Propo hinge onional thought is also a characteristic of formal operational thought it is when a young individual can evaluate the logic of verbal statements without referring to real-world circumstances. (Berk,2012, p.595.) When I asked her question number 13 of the interview she gave me a smart remark saying Duh its going to make a freaking noise if she hit it. No she did not make noise because she didnt hit it. She said this right away and asked why I was communicate such weird questions that were so obvious.I did notice some signs of my teen forming an individualism. Her style of clothing seemed to be pretty laid back. She wore a escaped fitted tee shirt, some jeans, and a pair of converse. Her hair was in a ponytail and she didnt have any tattoos or piercings. She doesnt wear any make-up and her and concerns about her demeanor were being fat. She mentioned having a lot of friends in school and the particular group she hung out with duri ng lunch and her breaks was only a pair of two close friends. When asked if she belonged to a group she pointed out that she belonged to a group nobody knew about and all her group does is sit and talk and think about homework and. She mentioned all the other antithetic kinds of groups she saw in her high school such as the favourite kids, the jocks, the gang bangers, the Asians, the cheerleaders, the gothics, the bible geeks, and the nerds.She didnt categorize herself in any of these, but she mentioned that her only concerns are getting good grades, she mentioned this a lot during her interview. Constructing an identity involves defining who you are, what you value, and the directions you choose to purse in life. (Berk,2012, p. 600.) When I asked her what role school played in her life she easily told me she was move getting good grades throughout high school and last going to college, her moral set play a great role in her life, these being thethings her mother has encouraged and guided her to pursue. Her direction in life has been identified she explained to me she wanted to eventually be able to go to really good universities. I believe my teen has formed her identity because of these things. My teens identity status is credibly at the identity achievement she has established her value and goals in life. identity operator achieved individuals are committed to a clearly formulated set of values and goals they know where they are going. (Berk, 2012, p.603.)I take int really have much advice to give to my teen to me she seemed to be on track. But her mentioning herself as being fat does concern me. I think her self-esteem is low, when I asked her if she had a boyfriend she said she did not because she was ugly. She also seems to think she is fat, since she mentioned doubly in the interview she wanted to lose weight. The advice I would give my teen is, to not concern herself too much about physical appearance and focus more on the relationships she has formed with the people she has becomes friends with. I would posit her she doesnt have to look a certain way to have a boyfriend, I would also mention that it doesnt really count if she has one or not, the right one will come along someday.Her academic self-esteem seems to be good though, while I was interviewing her she mentioned that her grades were really good and she was concerned about keeping them that way. Academic self-esteem is a powerful predictor of teenagers judgments of the importance and usefulness of school subjects, willingness to exert effort, achievement, and eventually career choice (Bleeker & Jacobs, 2004Denissen,Zarrettt,& Eccles,2007Valentine, DuBois,& Cooper,2004 Whitesell et al.,2009) I would tell her she should keep on pursuing her goals of getting good grades and eventually going to the university of her choice. I would tell her this because I personally didnt pursue going to a university after I graduated from high school and have totally regretted it e ver since. Having a good education is a good goal for a young individual to have to have a better life.My interviewees didnt have any signs of a cognitive distortion, there wasnt signs of any self-focus in her answers. Imaginary audience is when the adolescent believes that they are the focus of everyones attention. (Berk. 2012, p. 572.) She state in the interview that she and her friendswere part of a group that nobody knew about she showed little concern about it. Her social development is good she said in her interview that she talked to most of her classmates in all her classes. She seems to have reach good peer relations and has established good friendships. I dont think my adolescent would conform to peer pressuring, she mentioned in the interview that alcohol and drugs were of easy access but they have no effect on her friends and her. She said she did not pay much attention to those things.ReferencesBerk, L. E. (2012). Infants, Children, and Adolescents (7th ed.). Boston, MA Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment