.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Man\'s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl

While knowledge this book, I began to think around the concentration camps, and the experiences the inmates had in a in the raw way; handle a psychologist. Frequently end-to-end my schooling process, I slang had the opportunity to read a variety of books related to the final solution and the events those interned in the concentration camps experienced, from The daybook of Anne Frank to the acclaimed novel Night. So, passing play into this reading assignment, I judgement I had it all reckon out. I thought I had happen uponed everything there was to learn well-nigh the concentration camps and the experiences that were beheld deep down their barbed fences. However, as I mentioned previously, this book gave me a new perspective about look in the camps. I prove that Frankl did non focus so much on the distraint and humiliation that the inmates lived through on a daily basis, as the other works I have read did. Instead, he focused more on the smaller instances.\nI love his approach on the teetotal and sometimes off-putting indulge that could be found in the midst of the inmates. Of all his quirky one-liners that I would love to type up and hold onto forever, I peculiarly liked how he tell that witticism is one, of the souls weapons in the trash for self-preservation (43). And, that It is well know that humor can afford an distance and an ability to rise supra any situation, even if lonesome(prenominal) for a few seconds (43). I personally connected to this light piece of wisdom, not needfully in the present day, except more so in the past. When I was young, only about the age of nine geezerhood old, my younger brother died from an unexplained heart failure. For a coarse time, I was the one who, as the oldest child, that had to hold my family together. In subsequent years, when talking about my brothers death, I would choke through it and not even be able-bodied to get through quin minutes of my tale. However, as the years went on, I w as able to somehow crack a magic trick about it. I impression like I, similar to the inmates Frankl encountered a...

No comments:

Post a Comment